Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Thoughts at Easter

Concerning Jesus, there's one thing we can be pretty certain of; he didn't die on the cross!

The following Words of Christ appear on igoogle today and are from Luke 24:38/39.-

"Why are you troubled and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself. Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

Jesus goes on to ask for something to eat.-
They gave him a piece of broiled fish and he ate it in their presence (Luke 24:41,42,43).

A similar scene is enacted in John 20:19,20.-

the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you." After he said this, he showed them his hands and side.

and then in John 20:26,27.-
A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side..."

We have reports of Jesus showing the holes in his hands and side and his own words uttered at these times. We even have him eating a fish. It is clear, if anything is clear in the life of Jesus, that he could not possibly have died on the cross. As he himself says, "It is I myself ... a ghost does not have flesh and bones"

No comments: