Friday, 2 March 2012

Spring in the Tiergarten

Spring weather tempts the runner afield.

Today I selected my small rucksack and filled it with a bottle of water containing a little magnesium, a spare lightweight jacket, a small camera, a pair of specs, a spare hat, a telephone (just in case), my pensioners train ticket and a €10 banknote. Then I set off.

I was gone 3 hours (plus 40 mins there and back on the train).

My run/jog/walk route was over an undulating 21-23 kms with 300-400 mtrs total ascent around the Lainzer Tiergarten, a walled area of parkland, inhabited by wild pigs, and situated to the south-west of Vienna.

A promising run for the month of March!

a signpost points the way

looking back after 6kms

10 kms into the run

Wienerblick - Vienna View - the Japanese emperor stood here in 2002

finally - the train home

No comments: