Saturday, 21 July 2012

The Teufelstein


The Devil's Stone
 
Several days ago I ran a 10 km trail with 350 meter hd in the scenic Fischbacher Alps and discovered for myself the impressive Teufelstein (or the Devil's Stone) situated on a moderately high summit plateau (1499 meters) above the mountain inn of Alpengasthof Schanz where I subsequently spent the evening in traditional musical company.


The Devil's music

I had the distinct sensation that the Teufelstein and I were, like the accordionist with his instrument I was later to meet, somehow in harmony and comfortably at ease with each other.

The Devil's flowers

The Devil's drink

In addition to my run to the Devil's Stone I also walked a couple of interesting trails in the area

Another mysterious place
It was most enjoyable. I had a devil of a time persuading myself to leave. 

No comments: