This race took place on the 23rd September and there were two of us representing Clayton-Le-Moors-Harriers in Europe. I am on the left of the picture. My friend and team mate Jon S. is the other runner.
Behind us is the finishing banner on the almost 2,000 mtrs mountain peak of the Asitz and behind and below that is the valley and the town of Leogang where the race started from.
Jon won 2nd prize in the Men's 55-59 years category and I filled 3rd spot in the Men's 60-64 years category. Our prizes were engraved beer glasses containing the sponsor's (alcohol) free beer!
The weather, as can be seen in the photos, was superb. After the presentation we caught the cable car down to the valley, a free taxi to the local railway station and then the train home.
4th Asitzgipfel Mountain Race, Leogang, Austria
8km, 1126 mtrs hd+
1. - B Tritscher (SC Saalfelden) - 52:39
4. - P Flunger (LSV Kitzbühel) M55 - 1:05:23
9. - P Wimmer (SC Lofer) L - 1:05:23
35. P Permoser (Team Austria) M60 - 1:11:19
48. J Sharples (Clayton) 2M55 - 1:17:17
58. G Williams (Clayton) 3M60 - 1:24:46
|L to R - G Williams, G Nolz, K Silewinaz (all M60), J Sharples (M55)|