Monday, 14 January 2013

Cross country 5.75km


VIENNA (CRICKET & TENNIS CLUB) XC COURSE


Yesterday morning I ran in the 5.75km cross country race at my local course. Not much to say about it except that I was one minute quicker than last year. It's always good to note some progress. Feels much better than writing about setbacks!

Today I managed a 2 hour jog, you can't really run in 6" of new snow; it was over an undulating woodland course which normally takes about 1hr 15mins. The training effect is good. I hope to do some trail races over distances of 20km - 50km later in the year.

Have to see how it goes.


I wish everyone an enjoyable and injury free run through 2013.


2 comments:

Dominic Rivron said...

Don't have 6" of snow here yet. I've had a bit of a bug the last few days, so I've been resting. Looking forward to getting out again but the effect has been quite pleasant, giving myself permission to loaf a bit when not at work!

Gwil W said...

You'll be galloping over the fells and the moors before you know it!

The wide wide sky and the song of the lark and the path with no-one else in sight is worth more than the effort - quite something! Near to heaven I think.