Saturday, 13 April 2013

Pendle Hill Race



Pendle Fell Race; the famous Big End ascent. 


Just follow the flags . . . 

. . . and grin and bear it! 

It was a glorious day out. The weather was perfect. And after the race I got to see the Grand National Steeplechase on the TV in the local pub at Barley village and touch base with old friends. Like me, my Grand National selection didn't win. As for my race, I had overlooked the possibility of a long queue at the stile early on and consequently I lost a bit of ground on my opponents.

Nevertheless, now on the wrong side of 65, I was very pleased to complete the course injury-free and without undue difficulty in my first hill race of the year; a satisfactory pipe-opener for the season ahead as I believe the expression is in horse racing circles.

Pendle Hill Race 6th April 2013
4.5 miles 1500' +/-

1. R Hope - Pudsey & Bramley - 32:13
71. J Holt 1M60 Clayton Harriers - 41:17
278. G Williams 20M60 Clayton Harriers - 56:56

340 finished incl. 30M60's



No comments: