Monday, 15 April 2013

Running in the Lainzer Nature Park


Vienna's Lainzer Tiergarten

Today's long run (3 hrs) started and finished at the Nikolai Tor and included the Laaber Tor and the Lainzer Tor with its information centre (i) where I picked up this map. The total distance was approximately 26.5 kms and included a guesstimated 850 mtrs of ascent and descent. I visited the summit 3 times. The Tiergarten is a favourite venue for runners for many reasons, one of which is the convenient absence of dogs. 

Another reason I prefer to run in the Tiergarten is that is that I can soon be there using Vienna's excellent public transport system.  The S-Bahn railway station at Hüttledorf is less than 10 minutes walk from the Nikolai Tor entrance. I make good use of my pensioners' travel ticket, which I also use to travel on the local trams, buses and the U-Bahn network.

Entrance to the Lainzer Tiergarten is free.


No comments: