Saturday, 11 May 2013

New goals now required


Two posts below I reported on my last race. Here, from that event, are the latest action photographs of the Bard on the Run.

As well as our finisher-medals and jpgs we also 'received' official certificates to download and print but with the price of printer ink being prohibitive I declined the offer.

My current injury, for the record, is not a running injury. I foolishly tried to 'help' a neighbour catch her cat. Before I knew it I'd slipped on a polished floor, sandals with no grip, and fallen heavily cracking my ribs on the corner of a wooden box. The cat, it goes without saying, escaped my clutches!

That was two weeks ago. Now I'm more than pleased to be walking, if not yet running, with the aid of occasional pain killers and a pair of Nordic walking sticks; slow and steady progress being the order of the day.

Meanwhile I'm rereading my trail and mountain running magazines; especially with regard to fixture lists. I will obviously have to revise my plans. New goals and a fresh training schedule will soon be required for the rearranged season ahead. All this is also part of the fun, as well as a challenge.

The road to the hill 

Approaching the summit

The finishing straight  

No comments: