Friday, 18 October 2013

Running Joke



Most runners of my acquaintance have a wonderful sense of humour. Running and laughter seem to go together. By the way I'm talking amateur athletics here. That's my sport. There's no money in it. That's why it's so wonderful. That's probably why everybody involved is so relaxed. 

The other day a runner told me a joke I hadn't heard before. I thought it was pretty good. So here it is: 


Khrushchev and Kennedy met one time in Moscow. They wanted to see which of them was the fastest runner. So they had a race. The winner was Kennedy. That evening on the radio news it was reported: There was a race in Moscow earlier today. Mr Khrushchev finished second and President Kennedy was next to last. 


2 comments:

Dominic Rivron said...

Haha! I came 9th in a fell race recently (the one I blogged about). It's the first time I've ever been in the first 10!

(The catch: only 13 took part).

Gwil W said...

Dominic, I always say you can only run against those who actually turn up ;-) . . . so 9th is 9th - a top 10 place! Well done.