Monday, 9 June 2014

Phew what a Pfandler Scorcher!


Under a blitzblau sky the temperature in the shade was over 32 C yesterday afternoon when we lined up for the Iso-Radler Pfandler Dammlauf, and to me it felt even hotter, perhaps 36 C like in Innsbruck! Or maybe it was simply the heat from the roadside chicken grill that was affecting to me. I'd have a portion later, and a cool beer to go with it.

I had slight hopes of making the podium in the M65 category, but it turned out there wasn't an M65 category, and so I concocted my own.

The route of the 25th Dammlauf didn't run over the dam on the Ischler because of construction work in progress, but it will do next year. Not sure of the actual distance of the temporary route but they said it was slightly longer than the normal route and a little hillier. Just short 8kms or approximately 5 miles then.

Fortunately residents along the second part of the route where it was hottest sprayed us with garden sprinklers as we ran by. I ran with a wet towel over my head.

Two recent results from the UK will appear in due course. Meanwhile here's the latest effort in Austria.

9th June 2014 Pfandler Dammlauf

1. R Gruber (Salomon Running Team) 23:21
40. K Reiter (ProLife Fitness & Health) F 33.09
47. K Weber (Mondsee) 1 M65 34:43
66. F Lettner (St. Wolfgang) 2 M65 37:16
105. G Williams (Clayton H) 3 M65 42:56

130 Survivors





No comments: