Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Lemawork Ketema - an Olympian in the making!




The young man in the photograph with me is Lemawerk Ketema. He was the winner of the 1st edition of the International Wings for Life Race, a global charity event held earlier this year to raise funds for spinal injury research.

He works passionately at his sport in spite of difficult circumstances.

He is a credit to the sport of athletics and a role model for others.

What is more he is a credit to Austria the country where he is currently domiciled, and also a credit to himself.

I am always delighted when Lema, who breaks course records wherever he competes, agrees to accompany me on one of my training runs.

Obviously I run a lot slower than my friend, but he never complains. He just smiles and says: No problems. You're looking strong Gwilym, keep going! 

His ambition is to compete in the 2016 Olympics. I wish him much luck. I hope he is allowed the chance he deserves.



No comments: