|View of Zimnitz from Bad Ischl|
Improvements to the hiking trail atop the Ischler dam meant that runners in the Pfandl Dam Race had panoramic views of the wonderful scenery.
The village of Pfandl, where the race starts and finishes, nestles below the Zimnitz mountain.
The popular health resort of Bad Ischl is just 5 kms away.
The 16th May 2016 saw the 26th running of the Pfandl Dam Race.
Pfandl 7.4 kms multi-terrain.
1. A Englebrecht - Team Lichenegger - 24:04
2. A Pfandlbauer - Mammut - 24:52
3. S Greiner - Sparkasse - 25:35
124. F Lettner - St Wolfgang - 1M65 - 37:28
132. G Williams - Clayton H - 2 M65 - 38:53
There were just two runners in the men's 65-69 age category. I was satisfied with my 2nd place in this early season outing.