Sunday, 18 June 2017

Pfandl Result


The 27th Iso-Radler Dammlauf took place on 5th June 2017 in and around the village of Pfandl in Upper Austria.

The 7.4km  race is known as "the dam race" because the course runs along a gravel trail atop the embankment of the Ischl River. It is a scenic course with views of many mountains and hills including the Katrin, the High Schrott, the Jainzen and the Zimnitz. Conditions on the day were warm and humid, meaning there was little chance of any records being broken. For myself, I was about 4 or 5 minutes adrift of my 2016 time but nevertheless quite pleased with my age-related performance finishing officially 8th of 11 in my final year in the M60 class.

A major highlight of my day was meeting the enthusiastic Josy Simon, age 83, who can boast world records for 100 kms and 50 kms amongst his many achievements.

Result:
1.  A Englebrecht    (Team Sport Lichtenegger). 24:10:10
27. C Wimmer         (LG St Wolfgang).  1L 29:58:20
149 G Williams       (Clayton Harriers).  M60 43:41:80

177 finishers

No comments: